Once you enroll as a student and fill out out the application online, print the signature page and send it to Admissions at Mission College - 13356 Eldridge Ave., Sylmar, Ca 91342 and wait for a week or so, then you will be entered into the LA Community College system as a Mission College Student, and you can register for classes (current). Our Paralegal Certificate requires you take 12 law classes, 3 units each, for a total of 36 units. You should take Law 10 and Law 1 as your first few classes, and then you can take any of the other classes to complete the certificate.
Please note: You may receive a post card in the mail giving you a date and time to register: eg. May 26th. You do not have to come in to Mission College in person, just wait until that date, and you can register either online or using the STEP system thereafter.
You can register for classes using one of two simple methods:
- First, you can do it online by going to the Student Information System and logging in to your new student account. To login, use your Social Secuirty Number, and your PIN number is your day and date of the month of your birth (eg. December 10, would be 1210)
If you have problems in registering, then please contact, Rosalie Torres in Admissions - you can email her at email@example.com
or call her at (818) - 364- 7612.
- Second you can use the Student Telephone Enrollment Program ( STEP)
- First contact the Business Office and clear any holds or financial obligations you might have (i.e. unpaid fees or costs from past semester work) - contact the Business Office at 818.364.7783, then you may wish to contact the Counseling Office or Clive Gordon in Counseling, if you have any questions about your program (non-legal classes - i.e. for your Associates Degree), and Prof. Jordan for your law classes.
- Then, contact Financial Aid and Scholarships for any financial assistance you might need.
- You can then use the STEP system, for phone registration (Mon. - Sat. 8 am - 11 pm) by calling one of the following phone numbers, and following the instructions: 818.988.2222, 213.689.8888, 310.605.0505, 323.226.1999.
Good Luck. Any questions, call Prof. Jordan on his cell phone at 818-415-2015, and he will call you back to answer any of your questions. Also read the FAQ for further information and answers to common questions.
- Once you have registered for your class, then obtain your textbooks, either by ordering them online, or purchasing them at our Mission College Bookstore.
- Next, read the "Getting Started".
Good Luck, and enjoy your legal studies at Mission College.